This Privacy notice is intended to help you understand our personal data collection, usage and disclosure practices.
The materials contained in the TBLF website (“Website”) and all associated social network and internet sites are provided by TBLF and may be used for informational purposes only.
This policy is intended to provide general information only concerning our firm and legal developments that may be of interest to our visitors. The information provided does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon in connection with specific legal problems. Legal advice may be given only by one of our qualified attorneys who is personally familiar with your particular legal situation. The information contained in this Website may not reflect the most current legal developments. This Website is not intended to be advertising and TBLF does not by this Website seek to represent anyone who desires representation based upon viewing this Website in a state where this Website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.
The information contained in this Website is copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, or reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written permission of TBLF. The images from this Website may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written consent of TBLF.
TBLF will not collect any personally identifiable information about you (that is, your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted this information and would like for us to remove it from our records, please contact us at the e-mail address or phone number listed on our contact page. We will use reasonable efforts to delete your information from our existing files. When you do provide us with personally identifiable information, we may store and process that information to better understand your needs and to improve our services. TBLF is not responsible and disclaims liability for any errors or omissions on the TBLF Blog and for any resulting action taken in reliance of the TBLF Blog. TBLF reserves the right to modify and revise TBLF Blog entries. TBLF Blog entries may include links to other websites or materials. TBLF has no control over these websites or materials and makes no representation as to the accuracy or content contained therein. Reader may opt to use these links but does so at his or her own risk.
Types of Data collected
We also use “cookies” to enhance your Website visit. A “cookie” is information either temporarily or permanently stored in a file on your computer. You can set your browser to reject cookies, but that may limit your use of some convenience features at this Website.
- Specifically, we use strictly necessary cookies, which allow you to access and use our Website, and which allow us to deliver our Services to you.
- We use performance cookies that allow us to track Website usage. This allows us to learn more about how users use the Website so that we make changes and improvements, as necessary.
- We use targeting cookies that measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to track sites you’ve visited so that we can measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
In addition, we may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records; identify new clients; or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from various social media platforms. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform. We do not have control over these third party sources and encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party website.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
TBLF takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to TBLF, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by TBLF. The updated list of these parties may be requested from TBLF at any time.
Legal basis of processing
TBLF may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations TBLF may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases.
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which TBLF is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in TBLF;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TBLF or by a third party.
In any case, TBLF will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between TBLF and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of TBLF’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by TBLF within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting TBLFT.
TBLF may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, TBLF may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow TBLF to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Platform services and hosting and Contacting the User.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable TBLF to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by TBLF.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by TBLF, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, TBLF will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from TBLF.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in TBLF or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TBLF, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether TBLF is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to TBLF through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by TBLF as early as possible and always within one month.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, TBLF shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Updated August 10, 2022