Cassandra Knight, Of Counsel
- About Cassandra
- Professional Memberships
Ms. Knight graduated with honors from Clemson University in 1994 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology with a minor in Administration. She received both her Juris Doctor Degree and Master’s Degree in City & Regional Planning from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill in 1998.
Ms. Knight’s areas of concentration at The Banks Law Firm, P.A. include affordable housing and community economic development law and public housing law. Prior to joining The Banks Law Firm, P.A., Ms. Knight was a Senior Associate Counsel with The Housing Authority of the City of Atlanta, Georgia (AH) where she provided strategic and comprehensive legal advice and support to AH’s real estate development initiatives from the initiation of the development concept through the financial closing and served as one of AH’s lead counsels for mixed-finance developments, Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) developments, and first time home buyer programs, as well as other related real estate deals and transactions.
Ms. Knight is a member of the American Bar Association and a member of the American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law. She is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia.
J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
M.R.P., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
B.A., Clemson University
American Bar Association; ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
Atlanta Bar Association
- Panelist, Hot Topics in HUD/FHA Multifamily, Post RAD Conversion Issues, American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, Annual Conference, May 2019
- Panelist, A RAD Retrospective and Prospective – Legal Lessons Learned, Successes, Challenges, Today’s Hot Topics and More, Housing and Development Law Institute Fall Legal Conference, 2018
- Panelist, Emory Law School/Legal Careers in Affordable Housing (April 2015)
- Graduate, Glance Gwinnett (a program of Leadership Gwinnett), 2015
- Graduate, Georgia Academy for Economic Development, 2013
- Governor’s Commendation for Excellence in Customer Service, 2010
- Graduate, Georgia Leadership Institute, 2008